Tuesday 22 May 2007

Lost in translation

Yesterday Lison found another state subsidy that we can use to keep costs down. Lison is Olivier's wife and company accountant extraordinaire (she recently published a book on the subject) and she's always up to date with the latest government incentives to foster innovation. This one lets us hire a developer at a quarter of the cost ... once they approve our R&D plan. Problem is, we had to translate all the plans we wrote in English for investors and partners into French. Which became today's main task for me. And I wish I'd started by doing a global replace of 'user' with 'utilisateur' and 'mobile internet' with 'internet mobile' because 40 pages later I ended up with a right major headache to nurse whilst standing up on my hour-long metro trip home.

0 commentaires: